How do I configure a Smarthost Relay Connector in Exchange Server 2013?
Posted by David Rutherford on 17 December 2013 11:25 AM
How do I configure a Smarthost Relay Connector for Exchange Server 2013?|
Exchange Admin Center (EAC) in Exchange 2013
The Exchange Admin Center (EAC) is the web based management console for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. The EAC replaces the Exchange Management Console (EMC) and the Exchange Control Panel (ECP) which were the two interfaces used to manage Exchange Server 2010. Because the EAC is a web based management console, you will need access this console by pointing your web browser at your mail server, (e.g. https://mail.mydomain.com/ecp )
Routing e-mail through a Smart Host
Use the EAC to create a Send Connector to route outbound email through a smart host:
1) In the EAC, navigate to "Mail flow > Send connectors", and then click the "Add +" icon.
2) In the "New send connector" wizard, specify a name for the send connector and then select "Custom" for the "Type". You typically choose this selection when you want to route messages to computers not running Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Click "Next".
3) Choose "Route mail through smart hosts", and then click the "Add +" icon. In the "Add smart host" window, specify the IP address, such as 192.168.100.1, or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN), such as mydomain.com. Click "Save". For "Smart host authentication", choose the type of authentication required by the smart host. Make sure the Authentication type is set to "no authentication".
4) Under "Address space", click the "Add +" icon. In the "Add domain" window, make sure SMTP is listed as the "Type". For "Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)", enter * to specify that this send connector applies to messages sent to any domain. Click "Save".
5) For "Source server", click the "Add +" icon. In the "Select a server" window, choose a server and click the "Add +" Icon. Click "OK".
6) Click "Finish".
Once you have created the send connector, it will in the Send connector list.
Keywords: configuration, exchange 2013, exchange admin center, eac, smarthost, send, connector